It is complementary to the profiler in core which uses Tideways. The key downside to Tideway is that it has a substantial performance hit and can’t be used in production to capture everything and only later decide what to keep or analyse.
PHP Agent for Elastic APM – This is a community PHP agent for Elastic.co’s APM solution.
Already housing logs and system metrics in Elasticsearch? Expand to application metrics with free and open Elastic APM. See exactly where your application is spending time so you can quickly fix issues and feel good about the code you push.
And PHP APM agent
SPX, which stands for Simple Profiling eXtension, is just another profiling extension for PHP.
It differentiates itself from other similar extensions as being:
- totally free and confined to your infrastructure (i.e. no data leaks to a SaaS).
- very simple to use: just set an environment variable (command line) or switch on a radio button (web page) to profile your script. Thus, you are free of:
- manually instrumenting your code (Ctrl-C a long running command line script is even supported).
- using a dedicated browser extension or command line launcher.
- multi metrics capable: 21 currently supported (various time metrics, memory, included files, objects in use, I/O…).
- able to collect data without losing context. For example Xhprof (and potentially its forks) aggregates data per caller / callee pairs, which implies the loss of the full call stack and forbids timeline or Flamegraph based analysis.
- shipped with its web UI which allows to:
- enable / configure profiling for the current browser session
- list profiled script reports
- select a report for in-depth analysis, featuring these interactive visualizations:
- timeline (scale to millions of function calls)
- flat profile
Collect Code-Level Performance Tracing
Retrace collects an amazing amount of details about what is happening at the code level within your application. It is a gold mine for developers who are trying to troubleshoot bugs and look for ways to optimize their code.
- Web request length and context details
- SQL queries
- Log statements and exceptions
- Interaction with dozens of dependencies like NoSQL, caching, etc
- External HTTP web service calls
Your mission control center for PHP application performance
Tideways saves you time by taking the guesswork out of your app’s backend performance. Gain detailed insights, spot performance bottlenecks, and get real-time error detection alerts.
APM (Alternative PHP Monitor) is a monitoring extension enabling native Application Performance Management (APM) for PHP. It doesn’t require any modification to your application’s code and let’s you collect performance metrics as well as catching issues that may arise.