MySQL Cluster powers the subscriber databases of major communication services providers as well as next generation web, cloud, social and mobile applications. It is designed to deliver:
- Real-time, in-memory performance for both OLTP and analytics workloads
- Linear scale-out for both reads and writes
- 99.999% High Availability
- Transparent, cross-shard transactions and joins
- Update-Anywhere Geographic replication
- SQL or native NoSQL APIs
- All that while still providing full ACID transactions.
Understand some of the highlights of MySQL Cluster 7.4:
- 200 Million queries per minute
- Active-Active geographic replication with conflict detection and resolution
- 5x faster on-line maintenance activities
- Enhanced reporting for memory and database operations
Source: MySQL Cluster | Andrew Morgan on Databases
Dynomite and the target storage engine run on the same node. Clients connect to Dynomite, and requests are proxied to either the storage engine on the same node or to Dynomite processes running on other nodes.
Dynomite, inspired by Dynamo whitepaper, is a thin, distributed dynamo layer for different storage engines and protocols. Currently these include Redis and Memcached. Dynomite supports multi-datacenter replication and is designed for high availability.
The ultimate goal with Dynomite is to be able to implement high availability and cross-datacenter replication on storage engines that do not inherently provide that functionality. The implementation is efficient, not complex (few moving parts), and highly performant.
מקור: Netflix/dynomite: A generic dynamo implementation for different k-v storage engines
Also, checkout (alternatives?):
This tutorial will demonstrate how you can use Corosync and Pacemaker with a Floating IP to create a high availability (HA) server infrastructure on DigitalOcean. Corosync is an open source program that provides cluster membership and messaging capabi
מקור: How To Create a High Availability Setup with Corosync, Pacemaker, and Floating IPs on Ubuntu 14.04 | DigitalOcean
Recently, nginx 1.9 introduced support for TCP load balancing – similar to what HAProxy is capable of. The one major drawback is that it does not support advanced backend health checks. This is required when running MySQL Galera Cluster, as we’ll explain in the next section. Note that this limitation is removed in the paid-only edition called NGINX Plus.
מקור: nginx as Database Load Balancer for MySQL or MariaDB Galera Cluster | Severalnines
- Deploy, manage, monitor and scale entire clusters
- SQL and NoSQL cluster topologies
- SQL load balancing via HAProxy
ב-clustercontrol | Severalnines.
Puppet and MySQL: A How-To Guide on setting up Puppet Master and Agents for streamlined server management.
ב-Puppet for MySQL Mini-Guide.
This is a base for discussion about potential server clustering improvements in Moodle 2.6
פורסם ב: Server clustering improvements proposal – MoodleDocs.