This repo contains guides and Azure Resource Manager templates designed to help you deploy and manage a highly available and scalable Moodle cluster on Azure. In addition, the repo contains other useful information relevant to running Moodle on Azure such as a listing of Azure-relevant Moodle plugins and information on how to offer Moodle as a Managed Application on the Azure Marketplace or on an IT Service Catalog.
- Real-time, in-memory performance for both OLTP and analytics workloads
- Linear scale-out for both reads and writes
- 99.999% High Availability
- Transparent, cross-shard transactions and joins
- Update-Anywhere Geographic replication
- SQL or native NoSQL APIs
- All that while still providing full ACID transactions.
Understand some of the highlights of MySQL Cluster 7.4:
- 200 Million queries per minute
- Active-Active geographic replication with conflict detection and resolution
- 5x faster on-line maintenance activities
- Enhanced reporting for memory and database operations
Dynomite, inspired by Dynamo whitepaper, is a thin, distributed dynamo layer for different storage engines and protocols. Currently these include Redis and Memcached. Dynomite supports multi-datacenter replication and is designed for high availability.
The ultimate goal with Dynomite is to be able to implement high availability and cross-datacenter replication on storage engines that do not inherently provide that functionality. The implementation is efficient, not complex (few moving parts), and highly performant.
Also, checkout (alternatives?):
Recently, nginx 1.9 introduced support for TCP load balancing – similar to what HAProxy is capable of. The one major drawback is that it does not support advanced backend health checks. This is required when running MySQL Galera Cluster, as we’ll explain in the next section. Note that this limitation is removed in the paid-only edition called NGINX Plus.
- Deploy, manage, monitor and scale entire clusters
- SQL and NoSQL cluster topologies
- SQL load balancing via HAProxy
Puppet and MySQL: A How-To Guide on setting up Puppet Master and Agents for streamlined server management.
This is a base for discussion about potential server clustering improvements in Moodle 2.6