The QAN is a special dashboard which enables database administrators and application developers to analyze database queries over periods of time and find performance problems. QAN helps you optimize database performance by making sure that queries are executed as expected and within the shortest time possible. In case of problems, you can see which queries may be the cause and get detailed metrics for them.
Source: PMM Query Analytics
A collection of views, functions and procedures to help MySQL administrators get insight in to MySQL Database usage.
Source: mysql/mysql-sys: The MySQL sys schema
Recently, nginx 1.9 introduced support for TCP load balancing – similar to what HAProxy is capable of. The one major drawback is that it does not support advanced backend health checks. This is required when running MySQL Galera Cluster, as we’ll explain in the next section. Note that this limitation is removed in the paid-only edition called NGINX Plus.
מקור: nginx as Database Load Balancer for MySQL or MariaDB Galera Cluster | Severalnines
mytop (Monitor mysql process list with top like screen updates and adiditonal stats like cpu/io usage)
מקור: mytop (Monitor mysql process list with top like screen updates and adiditonal stats like cpu/io usage)
- Deploy, manage, monitor and scale entire clusters
- SQL and NoSQL cluster topologies
- SQL load balancing via HAProxy
ב-clustercontrol | Severalnines.
Vitess is available as an open-source project and runs best in a containerized environment. With Kubernetes and Google Container Engine as your container cluster manager, it’s now a lot easier to get started. We’ve created a single deployment configuration for Vitess that works on any platform that Kubernetes supports.
In addition to being easy to deploy in a container cluster, Vitess also takes full advantage of the benefits offered by a container cluster manager, in particular:
- Horizontal scaling – add capacity by launching additional nodes rather than making one huge node
- Dynamic placement – let the cluster manager schedule Vitess containers wherever it wants
- Declarative specification – describe your desired end state, and let the cluster manager create it
- Self-healing components – recover automatically from machine failures
In this environment, Vitess provides a MySQL storage layer with improved durability, scalability, and manageability.
ב-Google Cloud Platform Blog: Scaling MySQL in the cloud with Vitess and Kubernetes.
pt-query-digest – Analyze query execution logs and generate a query report, filter, replay, or transform queries for MySQL, PostgreSQL, memcached, and more.
היה ב-pt-query-digest — Percona Toolkit Documentation.
I’m happy to announce the availability of Outbrain’s Orchestrator: MySQL replication management & visualization tool.
- Orchestrator reads your replication topologies (give it one server – be it master or slave – in each topology, and it will reveal the rest).
- It keeps a state of this topology.
- It can continuously poll your servers to get an up to date topology map.
- It visualizes the topology in a clear and slick D3 tree.
- It allows you to modify your topology; move slaves around. You can use the command line variation, the JSON API, or you can use the web interface.
ב-Introducing Orchestrator: manage and visualize your MySQL replication topologies and get home for dinner | code.openark.org.
The MySQL Windows Experience Team is proud to announce the release of MySQL for #Excel version 1.3.0. This is a beta release for 1.3.x.
MySQL for Excel is an application plug-in enabling data analysts to very easily access and manipulate #MySQL data within Microsoft Excel. It enables you to directly work with a MySQL database from within Microsoft Excel so you can easily do tasks such as:
- Importing MySQL data into Excel
- Exporting Excel data directly into MySQL to a new or existing table
- Editing MySQL data directly within Excel
ב-MySQL for Excel 1.3.0 Beta has been released (MySQL on Windows).
Puppet and MySQL: A How-To Guide on setting up Puppet Master and Agents for streamlined server management.
ב-Puppet for MySQL Mini-Guide.