- Orchestrator reads your replication topologies (give it one server – be it master or slave – in each topology, and it will reveal the rest).
- It keeps a state of this topology.
- It can continuously poll your servers to get an up to date topology map.
- It visualizes the topology in a clear and slick D3 tree.
- It allows you to modify your topology; move slaves around. You can use the command line variation, the JSON API, or you can use the web interface.
The MySQL Windows Experience Team is proud to announce the release of MySQL for #Excel version 1.3.0. This is a beta release for 1.3.x.
MySQL for Excel is an application plug-in enabling data analysts to very easily access and manipulate #MySQL data within Microsoft Excel. It enables you to directly work with a MySQL database from within Microsoft Excel so you can easily do tasks such as:
- Importing MySQL data into Excel
- Exporting Excel data directly into MySQL to a new or existing table
- Editing MySQL data directly within Excel
Puppet and MySQL: A How-To Guide on setting up Puppet Master and Agents for streamlined server management.
“I happen to use stored routines with MySQL. In fact, my open source project common_schema heavily utilizes them. DBA-wise, I think they provide with a lot of power (alas, the ANSI:SQL 2003 syntax feels more like COBOL than a sane programming language, which is why I use QueryScript instead).
However I wish to discuss the use of stored routines as integral part of your application code, which I discourage.” / Shlomi Noach.
“MySQL Compare” Compare and synchronize the schemas of MySQL databases
This ‘Speed up Moodle’ series of 4 posts will teach you step-by-step how to optimise your Linux server for Moodle. It is aimed at beginner server administrators.
SQL Fiddle. How does it work? The Schema DDL that is provided is used to generate a private database on the fly. If anything is changed in your DDL (even a single space!), then you will be prompted to generate a new schema and will be operating in a new database. All SQL queries are run within a transaction that gets immediately rolled-back after the SQL executes. This is so that the underlying database structure does not change from query to query, which makes it possible to share anonymously online with any number of users (each of whom may be writing queries in the same shared database, potentially modifying the structure and thus — if not for the rollback — each other’s results). As you create schemas and write queries, unique URLs that refer to your particular schema and query will be visible in your address bar. You can share these with anyone, and they will be able to see what you’ve done so far. You will also be able to use your normal browser functions like ‘back’, ‘forward’, and ‘reload’, and you will see the various stages of your work, as you would expect.
At Google IO this year, Google announced support for a new runtime running on App Engine, PHP. Currently, they have full support for languages such as Python, Java, and Go. PHP on App Engine was the number one request voted by developers and Google has finally delivered. PHP empowers a great percentage of the web sites in the world, it is very likely this will be taken out of Experimental mode soon into full Production mode. Google has taken the open source PHP 5.4 platform and augmented it to run on App Engine. They created a safe “sandboxed” environment for your apps.
פורסם ב: PHP on Google App Engine.
mtop (MySQL top) is an open source real time MYSQL Server monitoring program written in Perl language that shows queries which are taking longer time to process and kills those longer queries after certain number of specified time. Mtop program enable us to monitor and identify performance and related issues of MySQL Server from the command line interface similar to Linux Top Command.
Mtop includes zooming feature that display query optimizer information of a running queries and killing queries, it also shows statistics of server, configuration information and some useful tuning tips to optimize and improve MySQL performance.
Please check some of the following features offered by Mtop program.
- Display real time MySQL server queries.
- Provides MySQL configuration information.
- Zooming feature to display process query.
- Provides query Optimizer information for a query and ‘killing’ queries.
- Provides MySQL tuning tips.
- Ability to save output in a .mtoprc configuration file.
- Provides Sysadmin recommendation page (‘T‘).
- Added queries/second to main header.
- Added per second info to stats screen.
A PHP/MySQL free (moodle format) Course you can download and install.
This class is to teach the basics of using PHP server side scripting and MySQL database to create dynamic websites for personal or business use. This course was entered in the Cool Course Competition 2010.
פורסם ב: Moodle.net.