Webgrind is a Xdebug profiling web frontend in PHP. It implements a subset of the features of kcachegrind and installs in seconds and works on all platforms. For quick’n’dirty optimizations it does the job. Here’s a screenshot showing the output from profiling:
- Super simple, cross platform installation – obviously 🙂
- Track time spent in functions by self cost or inclusive cost. Inclusive cost is time inside function + calls to other functions.
- See if time is spent in internal or user functions.
- See where any function was called from and which functions it calls.
- Generate a call graph using gprof2dot.py
Suggestions for improvements and new features are more than welcome – this is just a start.